Whether it's a busy weekday morning or a slow paced weekend, a great tasting and nourishing breakfast is always a good idea.
That's why we continue to turn to our fave breakfast idea: chia pudding. Prepped in the evening and left overnight to create magic, this delicious concoction will always be a fantastic source of omega-3 fatty acids, plant protein, fibre and micronutrients, thanks to chia seeds. It's also WAYYY easy to throw together!
Chia pudding is a delicious and nutritious blank canvas for any flavor combination with a limitless list of topping ideas. And this time around? We've made it a Magical Mushroom Mocha canvas! Cacao and coffee - an iconic duo with the most dependable sidekick: calming, adaptogenic Reishi mushroom found in our Calm Functional Superblend. So if you love coffee with your chocolate or chocolate with your coffee, scroll down for the easiest, most perfect breakfast idea.
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coffee (cold brew works great here)
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Calm Functional Superblend
- optional: 1 serving of collagen or protein powder of choice
- Toppings: Berries, cacao nibs, nuts, hemp seeds, bee pollen, coconut yogurt, nut butter or whatever your heart desires.
- The night before: Pour chia seeds into a bowl and add the coconut milk, Calm Superblend, coffee and whisk together. Cover and place in fridge overnight.
- When ready to eat: Remove chia seed pudding from the fridge and stir well to break up the seeds. You may need to use the back of a spoon to break up the “chunks.”
- To serve: Scoop into glasses or bowls and top with your toppings of choice. Enjoy!