- Combine water, rice, and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Turn heat down to low, cover and simmer until water is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut sugar. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and the pudding has thickened to a creamy, soft texture, about 20-25 minutes. Once thickened, remove from the heat.
- Off the heat, add chia seeds and about 2 tbsp coconut milk to the pudding and stir well to combine.
- Add JOYÀ Superblend of choice and whisk well to combine. Taste, and add more coconut sugar if desired.
- Let cool slightly, also allowing the chia seeds to absorb the liquid. If the pudding is too thick, add a little more coconut milk until desired consistency is achieved. Serve warm, with optional toppings if desired.
DO AHEAD: Pudding can be made 2 days ahead. Store chilled in a sealed dish and bring to room temperature or warm slightly before serving.
Ruth Elnekave is a Toronto-based chef, holistic nutritionist, culinary instructor, recovering corporate lawyer and founder of JOYÀ. Her projects are fuelled by one main goal: to spread the pure joy and wellbeing experienced when sharing and savouring delicious, real food.