- Combine 60ml (¼ cup) of the coconut milk with the arrowroot powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour the rest of the coconut milk into a medium sized saucepan with the maple syrup, nut butter and chocolate and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from heat. Pour mixture into a blender and blend until nut butter and chocolate are fully dissolved and incorporated, 10-20 seconds.
- Pour mixture back into the saucepan and bring to a light boil over medium heat, stirring every 30 seconds with a heat-proof spatula. Give the arrowroot mixture a quick whisk and immediately stir into the coconut milk mixture to thicken the liquid and continue stirring, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in both of the extracts and alcohol.
- Chill in the fridge until cold, at least 2 hours, and then churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If using cacao nibs, add during the final seconds of churning.
- For creamy soft-serve, enjoy straight from the ice cream maker. For a firmer consistency, transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.