- Preheat oven to 325F/165C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all nuts to the baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10 minutes, until aromatic and just beginning to brown. Set aside to cool.
- Add cooled nuts to the bowl of a food processor and blend until the mixture starts to get smooth. Pause blending to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Once smooth, add remaining ingredients and continue to blend until butter is ultra smooth and runny. Depending on the strength of your food processor, this can take 5-10 minutes. Patience is key!
- Transfer butter to a glass jars or other airtight container. Store in the fridge for ultimate freshness (butter will solidify) or at room temperature to retain runny consistency. Being a natural butter with no emulsifiers, the oils will separate over time - simply give it a stir before use.
by Ruth Elnekave, CNP
Ruth Elnekave is a Toronto-based chef, holistic nutritionist, culinary instructor, recovering corporate lawyer and founder of JOYÀ. Her projects are fuelled by one main goal: to spread the pure joy experienced when sharing and savouring delicious, real food. For more, visit Joya.ca.