Lassi is considered an "ancient smoothie" as one of the first, if not the first, yogurt smoothie in the world. Originating in India, around 1000 BC, it's traditionally made with yogurt, water and spices or fruit. While the classic recipe is refreshing and delicious, some of the more popular flavor combinations include mango, strawberry and even spicy mint!
Cardamom, a popular spice found in lassi, boasts antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties and can even be used to freshen breath. Our Turmeric Elixir blend features cardamom, along with ginger and turmeric, making it the perfect addition to this classic drink.
This smoothie is a JOYÀ-fied spin on the traditional Mango Lassi drink. We combined our Restore Functional Superblend with bursting mango and peach sweetness and the creaminess and tanginess of yogurt.
Hot (weather) Tip: This smoothie blend can be made into delicious popsicles to combat the summer heat!
- 2 small (or 1 large) mangoes - peeled, seed removed and cut into chunks
- 2 peaches (or 4 apricots) - pit removed and cut into chunks
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup coconut (or other plant-based) yogurt
- ½ cup plant-based milk of choice
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Restore Functional Superblend
- Honey (or other liquid sweetener), to taste
- Optional garnish: mint or holy basil (tulsi) leaves, hemp seeds, bee pollen
- Add all ingredients (except toppings/mix-ins) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
- Pour into glass(es), optionally add toppings/mix-ins and enjoy!
Pro Tip: Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 24 hours. Alternatively, pour leftovers into an ice cube tray and use to make other smoothies or in popsicle molds for a refreshing treat.