- Line a loaf pan (about 9” x 5”) with parchment paper in both directions. Set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor, starting with a very small pinch of salt. Process until completely smooth and creamy. Taste, and add a bit more salt if needed.
- If using walnuts, transfer the mixture to a bowl and mix in the walnuts, using your hands to get the pieces incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan, spread and pat it down evenly.
- Freeze for about 15 minutes, until very firm to the touch. Cut into squares and store in the fridge or freezer.
Ruth Elnekave is a Toronto-based chef, holistic nutritionist, culinary instructor, recovering corporate lawyer and founder of JOYÀ. Her projects are fuelled by one main goal: to spread the pure joy and wellbeing experienced when sharing and savouring delicious, real food.